Friday, January 23, 2015

Designing Our New Space - July 2012 thru December 2014



To those that know me, know that I love to decorate! Check out my other blog Vineyard Living, where I blogged about our former home in Oakley. I also write for Demand Studios-- eHow, Modern Mom, etc. I also used to be an Interior Decorating and Home Improvement contributor for Yahoo! Voices. Both my blogging and article submissions took a backseat in 2011 when my daughter, husband and I started our homebased baking business-- read more about it at JessiCakes Project. With a full time job and baking on the side, I had little time left to write. Those are reasons why I also couldn't update this blog sooner! So, after four years, I am back! I will update all my major blogs as often as I possibly can.

Like I stated on my previous post, our builder-cookie cutter-home was a blank canvas. Here are some of the photos of how we decorated it in the past 2 1/2 years. Can you guess what my favorite color is? You got it-- turquoise! Anything with teal, sage, or very light green work as well.
I forgot to mention that our builders gave us the window coverings free of charge because we use their preferred lender. The first floor got the 3-inch slats vinyl window shutters with matching double sliding doors in the kitchen/dinette area. On second floor, we opted for the 2-inch slats white vinyl window blinds. We would have wanted to go with shutters all the way, but they are so expensive that the $6,000 credit would not be enough.

This year, we are doing some home improvements. Stay tuned for our updates here. Later...j ;-)

Dining Room


Dining Room (Buffet Console)




Living Room (side table vignette)

Living Room and Dining Room Combo

Piano

Kitchen (My husband loves to collect chef themed accessories)

Another corner of the kitchen with a chef.

Kitchen. The window overlooks the backyard. It gets lots of natural light!

Added a side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator by Samsung. We placed a table that expands using the removable leaves to sit 8 - 10 people.



No comments:

Post a Comment