Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hummingbird Love

It's been a couple of months since my last update on our home improvement projects. By the looks of it, there will be no additional major renovations that we have to do yet. A couple of weeks ago, we hosted my husband's 46th birthday celebration with his parents, siblings and their families, as well as, aunts and uncles joining us. We kept it small and private as usual. In preparation for that day, we organized and cleaned up the rest of the house, mainly the second floor. I will post the minor updates we've done there later. For now, I would like to share a wonderful thing that kept us a entertained.

On 4/5/14, while parking on our driveway, we noticed a hummbingbird nesting on one of our front-side bushes. Before that day, my husband pointed out that he had been seeing a hummingbird a couple of times flying in and around the bush. It prompted us to be more curious. Armed with my iPhone, I took some snapshots and videos of the hummingbird. When it flew away, we noticed there were two eggs. My daughter named the mommy hummingbird Adelaide. Everyday, we say hi to her and we wait patiently for the eggs to hatch. According to some reliable articles, it takes up to 18 days to incubate the eggs. Since we weren't sure when the eggs were laid, we're thinking we will see the babies in about a couple of weeks. Below is the photo collage from that day.


Eleven days later, 4/16/15, the eggs hatched! I am happy to report that the mommy and babies are all doing fine. See photo below!


No comments:

Post a Comment