Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Putting it All Together - Interior Redesign of the First Floor - January 25 - January 26, 2015

The new floors made the room darker, which was expected since we went from a beige carpet to a dark brown floor. A redesign is definitely in order! Through the years, I have accumulated items that are in the sage and turquoise theme to complement the ivory, dark brown, tan/beige colors of majority of our furnishings. I'd like to continue with the same color scheme; but, I would need to add a few items to make the colors pop more, unify and anchor the space.

A-shopping-we-will-go!

I love shopping at HomeGoods, Kirkland, and Ross, which all have great items to choose from at discounted prices. Most of the items we already own were purchased from HomeGoods and Ross. I just started shopping at Kirkland, where I got my daughter's lamp. More on that later.

I am happy to say that I only needed a handful of items, which I purchased from Ross. I got a turquoise  area rug in Moroccan style to place underneath the coffee table to help anchor and create a separate area for the living room. At $19.99, it was a steal! Then, I found two throw pillows at $7.99 each to complement the rug. I placed one pillow in the middle of the couch and the other one in the middle of the loveseat.  In addition, I got a buffet lamp with silver stem and taupe shade for $19.99 to replace the aqua and beige table lamp that I moved to the family room. I replaced the lampshade of the new lamp with a white with a $5 turquoise lamp shade with graphic design that matched the pillows. All together, they unified the look! So, for less than $86 with taxes, I managed to brighten our living/dining room combo. Below are the photos. I hope you like the transformation just as we do.

Before and after. What a big difference an area rug and a pair of throw pillows make.

Photo shown with the slightly updated layout with the addition of rug, pillows, and new buffet lamp on top of the piano.


Our winter decoration. This shot was taken in December 2014. The same colors remain!












No comments:

Post a Comment